Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gotta Love Guaca

Summer barbecues are never complete without salsa, tortilla chips, and most importantly... guacamole!  I have this weakness for sitting next to the chip bowl and filling up on salsa and guacamole before the actual dinner... once I start, it's all down hill from there.  My family and I have definitely made meals out of chips and guacamole, along with a great card game. My mother is known for having the best guacamole, and over the years, I have learned to master it.  Many thanks Maman!  The key to a successful guacamole is perfectly ripe avocados, and lots of lime. 

I most definitely consider this a fiesta on its own!

4 ripe avocados
finely chopped tomatoes
Lime juice (1 full lime)
Cilantro
Sea Salt ( as much as you feel necessary)

I don't have specific quantities because it changes depending on my mood.  The great thing about guacamole is each new batch has it's own flavor. Mix it all together and taa-daaa!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh that looks so good! I could eat a bowl of quac all on it's own. I've certainly eaten avocado as a snack! Even better with a touch of balsamic vinegar and lemon. Thanks for this recipe, I've never made my own before but now I think is the time. Here's hoping it turns out as yummy as yours sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try your avocado, balsamic vinegar and lemon snack! Sounds amazing! I definitely have an obsession with avocados, they are go great in salads too!

    ReplyDelete