Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Dressing to my Salad

Salads are great, but a bad dressing can make a great salad a terrible one.  I've always been a fan of salads, but get very particular when it comes to finding the perfect dressing.  I came across a very simple dressing in a William-Sonoma cookbook, and have never looked back.  Although this dressing is very simple, I consider it my safety blanket.  It is the perfect amount of light yet very tasty.

Key ingredients: Dijon mustard, olive oil, and red wine vinegar

Simple dressing

A great side salad to be served with dinner!
Ingredients:
3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs of red wine vinegar
1 tsp of dijon mustard
1 tsp of salt (or a little less!)

Mix it all together, and there you have it! I have stopped measuring all my ingredients, since the amount of dressing usually varies with the size of the salad.  Just make sure to keep the red wine vinegar and olive oil to about a 1:3 ratio.  More dijon makes a stronger tasting dressing, therefore, put the amount you feel necessary.  This really is my go-to when it comes to making an amazing salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment